- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 30 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 27 years. Coached more than 30 All-Americans, 4 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco, 15 years old, and Nico, 13 years old.
- more ...
- Victoria is a sophomore at Washington University in St Louis where she majors in the Pre-dental sciences with a minor in music.
- At Washington University, Victoria sings with the acapella group, The Ghost Lights, and plays percussion with CRASH at Wash U
- Victoria is a proud graduate of the Crimson Sailing Academy and has been sailing there since 2010.
- Victoria graduated from Winchester High School with honors.
- Victoria's other interests include volleyball, percussion and scuba diving.
- Hanno is starting his fourth year at the University of British Colombia where races on the school team.
- He is a US Sailing Level 1 instructor who worked as a senior instructor and race coach at the Duxbury Bay Maritime School for the last two summers.
- While in high school, he raced on the Duxbury High School sailing team.
- Hanno started sailing when he was 8 years old.
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.
Job Opening: Summer Sailing Instructor
We are seeking a sailing instructor for our learn-to-sail program teaching kids 11-17 years of age to sail in 420s and FJs. Camp runs for 5 consecutive weeks from July 11 to August 12. Instructors must be at least of college age.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. There is potential for additional income by teaching adult classes in June and stewarding for Harvard Sailing Recreational Program during the week and weekends from June 1 - August 31.
If interested, contact us at info@CrimsonSailingAcademy.com