- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 27 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 24 years. Coached more than 30 All-Americans, 4 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco, 13 years old, and Nico, 11 years old.
- more ...
- Alma is a junior and varsity sailor at Harvard who grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- At Harvard she is a starting crew on the sailing team and helped sail the Crimson to 4th at the New England Championship and a berth in the 2011 National Championship in Oregon.
- She attended Cambridge-Rindge and Latin High School where she was a skipper on the sailing team and was named MVP of the sailing team her junior year. She also participated in crew.
- For the last two summers Alma has taught the CSA summer campers.
- This summer she will also be an intern at FableVision Studios.
- Martha was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Starting at the age of six, she learned to sail at Vineyard Haven Yacht Club in Martha's Vineyard.
- She spent a summer in the BVIs captaining a boat for the youth program Sail Caribbean.
- She attended Boston College where she was the captain of their national championship sailing team. She was a women's team skipper for four years and earned All-American honors twice.
- Last year she was the Sailing School Director at Chicago Yacht Club, where she also coached the high school teams at CYC.
- Matt is the captain of the sailing club at Emmanuel College.
- Last summers he was the Assistant Department Head of Sailing at Cape Cod Sea Camp in Brewster, MA, where he taught sailing for 3 years.
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.