- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 30 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 26 years. Coached more than 30 All-Americans, 4 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco, 14 years old, and Nico, 12 years old.
- more ...
- Katlyn is a senior at Bates College in Maine.
- She is the captain of the Bates College Sailing Club and is responsible for running practices and hosting regattas for the club.
- This summer will be Katlyn's second year teaching CSA campers how to sail.
- In a previous summer, she was a Sailing and Resident Camp Counselor at the Cape Code Sea Camps.
- Katlyn also has a lot of tutoring experience, teaching SAT preparatory courses at Lewiston High School and teaching English to Swedish children in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.
Job Opening: Summer Sailing Instructor
We are seeking a sailing instructor for our learn-to-sail program teaching kids 11-17 years of age to sail in 420s and FJs. Camp runs for 5 consecutive weeks from July 6 to August 7. Instructors must be at least of college age.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. There is potential for additional income by teaching adult classes in June and stewarding for Harvard Sailing Recreational Program during the week and weekends from June 1 - August 31.
If interested, contact us at info@CrimsonSailingAcademy.com