- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 30 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 27 years. Coached more than 35 All-Americans, 5 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco, 16 years old, and Nico, 14 years old.
- more ...
- Victoria is finishing her sophomore year at Washington University in St Louis where she majors in the Pre-dental sciences with a minor in business.
- At Washington University, Victoria sings with the acapella group, The Ghost Lights, and plays percussion with CRASH at Wash U.
- Victoria is a proud graduate of the Crimson Sailing Academy and has been sailing there since 2010.
- Victoria graduated from Winchester High School with honors.
- Victoria's other interests include volleyball, percussion and scuba diving.
- Adam is finishing his second year at Worcester Polytech Institute.
- This will be Adam's second year teaching at Crimson Sailing Academy.
- He raced for the Sharon High School Sailing Team.
- He was a sailing instructor at the Sharon High School Summer Sailing program for two years.
- Adam volunteered at Community Boating Inc, where he assisted beginning sailors in mercuries and intermediate sailors in 420s.
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.
Job Opening: Summer Sailing Instructor
We are seeking a sailing instructor for our learn-to-sail program teaching kids 11-17 years of age to sail in 420s and FJs. Camp runs for 6 consecutive weeks from July 5 to August 11. Instructors must be at least of college age.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. There is potential for additional income by teaching adult classes in June and stewarding for Harvard Sailing Recreational Program during the week and weekends from June 1 - August 31.
If interested, contact us at info@CrimsonSailingAcademy.com