- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 27 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 24 years. Coached more than 30 All-Americans, 4 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco, 13 years old, and Nico, 11 years old.
- more ...
- Matt is the captain of the sailing club at Emmanuel College.
- Last summer Matt taught the CSA summer campers and adult classes.
- Prior summers he was the Assistant Department Head of Sailing at Cape Cod Sea Camp in Brewster, MA, where he taught sailing for 3 years.
- Katlyn is a junior at Bates College in Maine.
- She is the captain of the Bates College Sailing Club and is responsible for running practices and hosting regattas for the club.
- In a previous summer, she was a Sailing and Resident Camp Counselor at the Cape Code Sea Camps.
- Katlyn also has a lot of tutoring experience, teaching SAT preparatory courses at Lewiston High School and teaching English to Swedish children in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Jake is a DMD Candidate, Class of 2017 Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- He graduated from Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY with a BS in Exercise and Health Sciences.
- For the last five years Jake has been working as a sailing instructor at Camp Becket, Becket, MA. He supervised 75+ male youths ages 9-15 and worked with them to develop basic, intermedite and advanced sailing techniques. He also worked with the international staff to develop sailing lesson plans.
- Jake has earned a Yachting New Zealand Level 2 Certificate.
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.