- Bern is the Harvard Assistant Sailing Coach. He started teaching children how to sail at the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club 32 years ago. Bern has been teaching beginners to sail ever since.
- Collegiate Coach for 29 years. Coached more than 35 All-Americans, 5 College Sailors of the Year. His teams have won 9 separate ICSA (Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association) Championships and 5 Fowle Trophies for the best performance by a team in the ICSA Championships.
- Single-handed coach for the US Sailing Elite Youth Development Team and the Under 18 and Under 23 US Sailing Team from 2007 to 2009.
- Graduated from Yale University and was Commodore of the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club.
- Bern and his wife Riza are the parents of two boys, Paco and Nico.
- more ...
Our instructors' certifications include CPR, First Aid, US Sailing Level One and Two Instructor, and Lifeguarding.
Job Opening: Summer Sailing Instructor
We are seeking sailing instructors for our learn-to-sail program teaching kids 11-17 years of age to sail in 420s and FJs. Camp runs for 8 weeks from June 27 to August 19. The camp is limited to 24 campers per week with 3 instructors teaching the courses.
Requirements: Instructors must be at least of college age and first aid certified. We will pay for classes for instructors who are willing to get Lifeguard Certified.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and certification.
There is potential for additional income by teaching adult classes, giving private lessons and stewarding for Harvard Sailing Recreational Program during the week and weekends from June 1 - August 31.
If interested, contact us at info@CrimsonSailingAcademy.com